- I'm now in a different city working at a university
- I now have a better grasp on differences between British and American English
- I am more fluent in franglais
- I now dance la "corde-à-sauter"
- I am now in a "long-distance" relationship (if you consider England-to-France long, or distant)
- I am seriously considering what I want to be when I grow up (or at least, what I want to do next year)
- I have dropped my iPhone into 2 toilets and onto one dancefloor, and I'm still addicted (it's not the same one)
- I have been upgraded to first-class on a transatlantic flight, for a second time
- I am already planning next June's big move, but I still haven't fully planned Tuesday's lesson
- I actually feel like I'm starting to be an adult
Now, if I don't plan this blog out a bit, I probably won't ever write on it. So, my plan is to post about the small cultural differences... you know, the ones you don't notice until you've lived somewhere long enough? Also about general observations about les French, and about teaching English to French students. Maybe someone will one day get here through Google and find the information useful (hey, you never know!). But MOST importantly, I'll post about rather important (and less-private) events in my life... this part is mostly for friends and family. Who knows, I may post stuff about recipes or something as well. Basically, I'm thinking online journal à partager. This way, there's less info to cut-and-paste into iMessages, e-mails and FaceBook pm's. Maybe one day I'll get good at this and actually post interesting things! One can only hope...
Note: I just went to the cinema with one of my French roomies and her friend to see a film "Camille Redouble" (the verb used to repeat a year in school), hence the inspiration for the title of this post.
No comments:
Post a Comment